The Port Health Organisation functions on the Island and it works towards the prevention of entry of Quarantinable diseases.
The headquarters of the Southern Naval Command of the Indian Navy is located on the island.
The Malabar Hotel provided quarters for all the wartime staff and the building gained a new administrative block next door.
Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, Werbeanzeigen maßzuschneidern und zu messen sowie die Sicherheit unserer Nutzer zu erhöhen.
It was named after The 1st Earl of Willingdon, the Viceroy of India at the time, who commissioned the project.Indian Navy, Plant Quarantine station, Custom House, cochin 1 and, central Institute of Fisheries Technology, a constituent unit of Indian Council of Agricultural Research.Port of Kochi, as well as the, kochi Naval Base (the, southern Naval Command ) of the.3 The artificial island thus became a thriving military base.
Weitere Informationen zu unseren Cookies und dazu, wie du die Kontrolle darüber behältst, findest du hier: Cookie-Richtlinie.
We took the Ferry ride from Ernakulam jetty and got bonus mamma domani 2019 down.
Construction edit The island was created during the construction of modern port in 1936, with the soil dredged out while deepening the Vembanad Lake to accommodate the new port.
For the benefit of these families casino com bonus code king casino bonus and those on the Naval Base, there are five schools and a Kindergarten.When Kochi got an international Airport at Nedumbassery, 4 25 km north-east of the city, the civilian enclave of the Island airport was shut down.Cochin shipyard 5 is also located near this island.Three of these schools belong to the Kendriya Vidyalaya groups of schools.Lake of Kochi, filling in dredged soil around a previously existing, but tiny, natural island.3 Robert Bristow, the chief protagonist and engineer for the project, owned the first building on the island.
Archived from the original on Retrieved ro/ m/ External links edit Coordinates : 957N 7616.5E /.950N.2750E /.950;.2750).
A b c d e f "Willingdon Island".